‘For A Better Chicago’, a political action committee launched December 28, 2010, has announced that it will be dividing up more $800,000 to City of Chicago Alderman campaigns that are willing to make what they call ‘difficult decisions.’ The story was reported by Progress Illinois on January 13, 2011. According to the report, For A Better Chicago also has around $200,000 in a 501(c)(4) that will be used as well. However, the sources of these funds, according to the site, will likely not be known before the municipal elections on February 22, 2011. This has left some concerned with the funding sources.
Resolute Consulting’s CEO, Greg Goldner, Chairs The Committee
The CEO of Resolute Consulting, Greg Goldner, will chair the new political action committee. According to their website, Resolute Consulting is ‘an award-winning public affairs and communications firm providing strategic counsel and effective issue campaigns based on real-world experience.’ The Chicago Tribune cited that Greg Goldner worked on the campaigns for Rod Blagojevich (2002) and Mayor Richard Daley (2003) and consulted for the Hispanic Democratic Organization. “Greg Goldner told Progress Illinois, “We’re not going to be running negative ads against anyone. We’re going to be running a positive campaign for the people we endorse.”
Aldermen Interested In Money Need Only To Apply
‘For A Better Chicago’ has posted a questionnaire to be completed by interested Aldermanic campaigns. Topics covered in the questionnaire include economic development, job creation, government transparency, education and more. However, it is not clear whether ‘For A Better Chicago’ will publish all the questionnaires received or simply endorse those they deem worthy.
What are your thoughts about the plans developed by ‘For A Better Chicago’? How do you think the influx of money from the organization will influence the results of the race? Share your thoughts and don’t forget to sign-up for updates from the Committee for Change at the top of the page.
- Illinois Supreme Court: Rahm Emanuel Is Eligible To Run (27thwardchicago.org)
- Chicago Alderman Pushes For City Plastic Bag Ban (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)
- City Of Chicago Ignores Alderman Walter Burnett’s Illegal Political Tactics (27thwardchicago.org)
- Primary looming, Jackson faces ethical cloud (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Jesse Jackson Jr. Ethics Investigation Could Help Primary Challenger Debbie Halvorson (huffingtonpost.com)
- Obama Kick-Back Cronyism – Part 2: Illinois Health And Human Disservices (forbes.com)
- Primary Looming, Jackson Faces Ethical Cloud (abcnews.go.com)
- Political Script Leaves Little Time for “Boss” (alvalewis.wordpress.com)
- Walter Burnett’s Committee Blocked Non-Black Candidates As An Option For Consensus Choice (27thwardchicago.org)
- Indianapolis Courts Chicago Mercantile Exchange (huffingtonpost.com)
- Chicago Mulls Easing Marijuana Law (myfoxny.com)
- Chicago May Decriminalize Marijuana Possession (reason.com)